Mar . 2016
- by Julie Ferguson
- with 0 Comment
- in Nutrition and Diet,Promotions
We’re midway into National Nutrition Month, a nutrition education and information campaign created annually by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.It’s not too late to spice up your employee communications with some good tips and colorful artwork highlighting the importance of good nutrition!
This annual March campaign focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits. This year’s theme is “Savor the flavor of eating right.” The Academy’s website has a variety of resources that you can use in your wellness program and employee communications – both for this month and beyond. We’ll highlight a few that we particularly like. Plus, many are available in both English and Spanish.
Social Media Toolkit – a variety of colorful National Nutrition Month gifs, banners and artwork ready made for posting on social media or for downloading. We’re using a few in this post.
Nutrition handouts & tip sheets for families and communities. Healthy Eating on the Run is great for working people and Eating Right on a Budget is great for families – or anyone really. There are many others.
A selection of recipes with nutritional information.
Other features of the site include
- Information on nutrition throughout the lifecycle, from infancy through senior years.
- Advice for achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Information on prevention and management of diseases including diabetes, cancer and celiac disease.
- What to do if you have food allergies or intolerances.
- Important information on purchasing, preparing and serving the safest possible food.
- Timely features and the latest food and nutrition information and trends.
- A searchable database of registered dietitian nutritionists throughout the United States.
- Gear up for March: Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
- February is American Heart Health Month
- Study points to rising risk factors for stroke
- New high blood pressure guidelines issued by American Heart Association
- Avoid the creeping menace of holiday weight gain!
- Add nutritious smoothies to your diet for sensitive stomachs
- Tips for getting motivated to lead a healthier lifestyle
- But I just can't find the time to exercise ... why not try H.I.I.T.?
- Back To School Tips For Parents: Starting The School Year Off Right
- How To Be More Productive Through Wellness
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (2)
- November 2017 (2)
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- August 2017 (5)
- July 2017 (5)
- June 2017 (5)
- May 2017 (3)
- April 2017 (3)
- March 2017 (2)
- February 2017 (2)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (2)
- November 2016 (3)
- October 2016 (3)
- September 2016 (3)
- August 2016 (4)
- July 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (4)
- May 2016 (4)
- April 2016 (4)
- March 2016 (5)
- February 2016 (4)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (2)
- November 2015 (4)
- October 2015 (6)
- September 2015 (4)
- August 2015 (6)
- July 2015 (7)
- June 2015 (6)
- May 2015 (4)
- April 2015 (1)